What our prices include:
- Pickup and Drop-Off at Rome’s Leonardo Da Vinci airport.
- All ground transportation on our private bus
- Most meals* (Contintental breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 24 hour access to the studio space
- Entrance fees for whole-group itinerary items (like the Marmore Falls)
What is not included:
- Airfare is not included. When purchasing your Airline ticket, we strongly advise that you purchase refundable tickets in case something last-minute prevents you from attending.
- *On some occasions we will take full day trips to certain larger towns, like Assisi and Perugia. On those days, lunch at a cafe or restaurant is not included.
- Living expenses incurred by leaving the group on your own are not included.
- Personal laundry is not included, though laundry services are available.
Our listed prices are for double-occupancy. We have a limited number of single rooms available for an additional $35/day, on a first-come, first-served basis.
If no more single-rooms are available, a double room may be reserved for a single guest for an additional fee of $70 per day.
Registration & Enrollment
Deposits & Payments
We accept Visa/Mastercard, personal check, or wire transfer.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration. The balance is due 90 days before the workshop start-date.
You will be invoiced through our online system.
Balance payments can be provided via check or credit card, though a $96 service-charge fee will be added to credit card payments. Personal Checks should be made out to La Romita School and sent to PO Box 58219, Washington DC 20037. Further instructions on how to pay your balance (including wire transfer information) can be found in your invoice, or downloaded here.
For some programs, we do not handle the payments – in this case you’ll find a contact form that will send a notice to the leader of that workshop, and you can handle payments with them directly.
Completing your Enrollment
In addition to payment, we need to collect some other information. This includes:
- Emergency Contacts
- Health Information (including dietary restrictions and allergies)
- A Responsibility Release and Waiver of Liability
- Travel information – Airline and Flight information related to your arrival and departure from Italy.
Our online registration process will collect all this information, and also includes additional information about travel, meeting up, and other useful information in planning for your trip. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We need all of this information must be completed no later than 1 week before your workshop’s start date.
Travel to La Romita:
When planning your trip, all you need to do is book your flight so that you arrive at Rome Leonardo Da Vinci (FCO) airport before 10:30AM on the morning of the first day of your session, and that your return flight leaves from Rome after 10:30AM on the last day of the program. We will pick you up from Rome in a chartered bus and bring you to La Romita, and drop you off with plenty of time to check in.
More detailed information is included in materials you will receive when you register. We will also ask for information about your travel arrangements to help ensure smooth pickup and drop-off.
We STRONGLY ADVISE participants to purchase fully-refundable airline tickets. This is intended to cover you from any emergencies including last-minute personal situations that might prevent you from attending. Other insurance can be purchased through third-party providers like SquareMouth.
Cancellation and Refunds:
La Romita’s refund policy only applies to individuals who are paying La Romita directly to attend a workshop. If you are paying someone else to attend a workshop hosted at La Romita then contact that person to find out what their policies are. If you need to cancel your registration for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you are able to find a replacement to fill your spot, we will issue a full refund.
If you would prefer, and if room is available, we can apply the balance towards a different workshop (even in a different season) for a $50 administrative fee.
Otherwise, the following fees will be deducted from your refund:
- $500 will be held as non-refundable to cover administrative fees.
- Cancellation 45 – 90 days before the workshop start-date: 75% of the workshop price.
- With less than 45 days notice, La Romita reserves the right to retain the full cost of your workshop as a cancellation fee.
If the class has to be cancelled for reasons outside of our control, you will receive a full refund (minus deposit) even if the cancellation occurs within the 90 day window. If the class is rescheduled, and you are unable to attend the rescheduled class, you will receive a refund, minus your deposit.
Starting with the 2021 Season: We offer a 7%-off the workshop price if you are a returnee or if you are bringing along a spouse or friend. These discounts apply only to workshops run directly by La Romita.
We have had to suspend our Scholarship program. Please check back or sign up to our Newsletter for updates.