What our prices include:
- Pickup and Drop-Off at Rome’s Leonardo Da Vinci airport.
- All ground transportation on our private bus
- Most meals* (Contintental breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 24 hour access to the studio space
- Entrance fees for whole-group itinerary items (like the Marmore Falls)
What is not included:
- Airfare is not included. When purchasing your Airline ticket, we strongly advise that you purchase refundable tickets in case something last-minute prevents you from attending.
- *On some occasions we will take full day trips to certain larger towns, like Assisi and Perugia. On those days, lunch at a cafe or restaurant is not included.
- Living expenses incurred by leaving the group on your own are not included.
- Personal laundry is not included, though laundry services are available.
Our listed prices are for double-occupancy. We have a limited number of single rooms available for an additional $35/day, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration & Enrollment
Deposits & Payments
We accept Visa/Mastercard or personal check.
A minimum deposit of $500 is required to secure your registration.
For early-enrollment discounts, the full amount is due by the early-enrollment deadline to receive the discount, otherwise the balance of payment is due 45 days prior to the workshop’s start-date.
Balance payments can be provided via check or credit card, though a 3% service-charge fee will be added to credit card payments. Personal Checks should be made out to La Romita School and sent to PO Box 58219, Washington DC 20037.
You will be invoiced through our online system.
In some cases, we do not handle the payments – in this case you’ll find a contact form that will send a notice to the leader of that workshop, and you can handle payments with them directly.
Completing your Enrollment
In addition to payment, we need to collect some other information. This includes:
- Emergency Contacts
- Health Information (including dietary restrictions and allergies)
- A Responsibility Release and Waiver of Liability
- Travel information – Airline and Flight information related to your arrival and departure from Italy.
Our online registration process will collect all this information, and also includes additional information about travel, meeting up, and other useful information in planning for your trip. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We need all of this information must be completed no later than 1 week before your workshop’s start date.
Travel to La Romita:
When planning your trip, all you need to do is book your flight so that you arrive at Rome Leonardo Da Vinci (FCO) airport before 10:30AM on the morning of the first day of your session, and that your return flight leaves from Rome after 10:30AM on the last day of the program. We will pick you up from Rome in a chartered bus and bring you to La Romita, and drop you off with plenty of time to check in.
More detailed information is included in materials you will receive when you register. We will also ask for information about your travel arrangements to help ensure smooth pickup and drop-off.
We STRONGLY ADVISE participants to purchase fully-refundable airline tickets. This is intended to cover you from any emergencies including last-minute personal situations that might prevent you from attending. Other insurance can be purchased through third-party providers like SquareMouth.
Cancellation and Refund:
La Romita’s refund policy only applies to individuals who are paying La Romita directly to attend a workshop. If you are paying someone else to attend a workshop hosted at La Romita then contact that person to find out what their policies are.
For our 2022 Season, our normal cancellation policy has been suspended. Instead all deposits and balance payments are fully refundable up to one week before the workshop start-date.
La Romita requires 90 days written notice of cancellation prior to the start-date of your workshop in order to offer a full refund (minus $500 to cover administration). Otherwise the following fees will be charged:
- Cancellation at 61-90 Days: 50% of total cost
- Cancellation at 31-60 Days 75% of total cost
- With less than 30 days notice, La Romita reserves the right to retain the full cost of your workshop as a cancellation fee. However, for a $50 fee we will reapply the balance to a different workshop if there is room available.
Starting with the 2021 Season: We offer a 7%-off the workshop price if you are a returnee or if you are bringing along a spouse or friend. These discounts apply only to workshops run directly by La Romita.
We have had to suspend our Scholarship program. Please check back or sign up to our Newsletter for updates.