Travel to La Romita:
When planning your trip, all you need to do is book your flight so that you arrive at Rome’s airport on the morning of the first day of your session, and that your return flight leaves from Rome on the last day of the program. We will pick you up from Rome in a chartered bus and bring you to La Romita, and drop you off with plenty of time to check in.
What the price includes:
- Pickup and Drop-Off at Rome’s Leonardo Da Vinci airport
- All ground transportation on our private bus
- Most meals* (Contintental breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 24 hour access to the studio space
- Entrance fees for whole-group itinerary items (like the Marmore Falls)
What is not included:
- Airfare is not included. When purchasing your Airline ticket, we strongly advise that you purchase refundable tickets in case something last-minute prevents you from attending.
- *On some occasions we will take full day trips to certain larger towns, like Assisi and Perugia, and lunch at a cafe or restaurant is not included.
- Living expenses incurred by leaving the group on your own are not included.
- Personal laundry is not included, though laundry services are available.
Payments & Occupancy
A minimum deposit of $500 is required with the registration. For early-enrollment discounts, the full amount is due by the early-enrollment deadline to receive the discount, otherwise the balance of payment is due 90 days prior to the workshop’s start-date.
Listed prices are based on double occupancy. One of the 4 single rooms may be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis for a $35/day surcharge at time of registration. If no singles are available, you can ask to be put on a waiting list and if room in the session remains at 30 days prior to the workshop’s start, LR will contact you to offer a double for a $70/day surcharge.
Cancellation and Refund:
La Romita’s refund policy only applies to individuals who are paying La Romita directly to attend a workshop. If you are paying someone else to attend a workshop hosted at La Romita then the refund and cancellation policies are set by that third party.
La Romita requires 90 days written notice of cancellation prior to the start-date of your workshop in order to offer a full refund (minus $500 to cover administration). Otherwise the following fees will be charged:
- Cancellation at 61-90 Days: 50% of total cost
- Cancellation at 31-60 Days 75% of total cost
- With less than 30 days notice, La Romita reserves the right to retain the full cost of your workshop as a cancellation fee. However, for a $50 fee we will reapply the balance to a different workshop if there is room available.
We STRONGLY ADVISE participants to purchase fully-refundable airline tickets. This is intended to cover you from any emergencies including last-minute personal situations that might prevent you from attending. Other insurance can be purchased through third-party providers like SquareMouth.
La Romita offers a $30/day discount to returnees, and a $30/day “Plus One” discount to people who bring a friend (for example, a travel partner or spouse). The “Plus One” discount requires that you share a room with your companion. These discounts only apply to workshops run directly by the School, not to sessions run by independent instructors.
La Romita has two scholarships available. Details can be found here.